Albanian Air Force (Forca Ajrore; FAj), status as of 1 January 2015
(© 2015 Airheadsfly.com. Featured image: The Albanian Air Force is a sole rotary air arm since 2006 (Image © FAj / Forcat e Amatosura))
Active number of aircraft Albanian Air Force: 22
- 2x Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter) AS532AL transport helicopters.
- 1x Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter) AS532AL medevac helicopter.
- 1x Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter) AS532AL combat search and rescue (CSAR) helicopter.
- 8x MBB Bo 105 light utility helicopters.
- 3x Agusta Bell (Bell) 205 utility and transport helicopters. Status of another four unknown.
- 5x Agusta Bell (Bell) 206 (Jet Ranger) scout and utility helicopters. Status of another two unknown.
- 1x AgustaWestland A109 utility helicopter
- 1x Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter) EC145 VIP transport helicopter
Aircraft ordered: 2
- 2x Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter) EC145 utility, rescue and disaster relief helicopters.
Airbases: 2 (plus Tirana IAP as a reserve field)
(Source: Forcat e Amatosura)
- Färke Airbase
- 4x AS532AL
- 1x EC145
- 1x A109
- Regular operations by Bo 105, AB 205 and AB 206
- Stored: several Harbin helicopters.
- Kuçovë Airbase
- Regular operations by Bo 105, AB 205 and AB 206. Uncertainty about which types are officially based here.
- Stored: Chengdu F-7A (12) plus many dozens of MiG-15s, MiG-17s and MiG-19s and Shenyang F-5 and F-6.
- Nënë Tereza / Tirana International Airport
- Support for foreign visits and reserve field.
Shooting Range (aka very nice shots)